Monday to Friday 9:00 - 5:00pm
Open weekends during March Break (Mar. 11-19, 2017).
The Museum Shop offers a wide variety of local and unique items, and reflects the industrial nature of the Museum of Industry. Browse our selection of books with a strong local flavor, and choose from our collection of CDs and DVDs by Nova Scotia artists and storytellers. Our assortment of educational toys will delight the young and the young at heart. Find that one of a kind piece of jewelry or giftware to treasure and make your very own. Whether you are purchasing a souvenir of your visit, or looking for the perfect “Made in Nova Scotia” gift for someone special, the Museum Shop has something for everyone.
The Museum Shop is pleased to offer an array of ever-popular local and Nova Scotia-crafted products. These include:
- Locally-made shortbread, caramels, and chocolates
- Historic and scenic photographs of Pictou County
- Hand-made quilts crafted by local artisans and Museum volunteers
- Pictou County and Nova Scotia Tartan clothing and giftware
- Local stories and histories penned by area authors
- New Scotland t-shirts from Wearwell Garments in Stellarton
- Candles, beach glass jewelry and pewter ornaments from Nova Scotia vendors
Safe Harbour, by Luke Naylor. Limited edition prints available, signed by the artist.
As a fundraiser for a local refugee resettlement program, the Museum Shop is pleased to offer a limited edition of this signed print Safe Harbour. All proceeds from print sales go directly to support the efforts of Pictou County Safe Harbour, a volunteer-run non-profit society, in assisting Syrian newcomers to Pictou County.
Unmounted print $50
Mounted print $100
The Museum Shop is always well-stocked with an assortment of souvenirs, perfect for the visitor who wishes to take a piece of Nova Scotia home with them. These include:
- Souvenir napkins, playing cards and tea towels
- Magnets, key chains, lapel pins
- Nova Scotia themed t-shirts for children and adults
- A selection of provincial and Canadian flags and license plates
- Postcards featuring images from across the county and province
The industrial heritage of Pictou County and Nova Scotia is always on display in the Museum Shop. Examples of these items include:
- “Train” items, including toys, clothing, books, and wall plaques
- Lost Cod Clothing Co. industrial-themed t-shirts, caps and stickers (including Clairtone, Ferguson Industries, and Sydney Steel)
- Books and vintage photographs that detail our region’s industrial past
The Museum Shop is open during regular summer hours from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Saturday. The Shop is also open Sundays: in May and June, from 1 pm to 5 pm; and from July to October, from 10 am to 5 pm.
There is no admission charged to visit the Museum Shop.
We accept debit cards, VISA, MC, AMEX, and U.S. Currency.
CAA/AAA card holders receive a 10% discount off all store merchandise.