The Museum Shop - Open 7 Days a Week
Monday through Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm
Sunday, 10 am to 5 pm
Be sure to stop by The Museum Shop again and again in 2019. Drop by and browse our latest books, toys, unique giftware and local surprises. New merchandise, including products from throughout Nova Scotia, are arriving all the time.
What’s New at the Museum of Industry?
A selection of products from and about our very own Pictou County, including Tartan clothing, locally made toys and giftware, and a series of fun and funky “Upcycled” sculptures from local vendor Knotty Acres:
Nova Scotia-made Jewellery to suit all tastes. Seaglass treasures, antique silver-plated spoon rings and steampunk-inspired pieces for fans of all things “industrial”.
Unique Nova Scotian-made items can be found throughout the Museum Shop, including these newest arrivals: wooden kitchen tools from the Spoonery Woodenware; embroidery kits from Hook, Line and Tinker; and celebration candles and coal soap (!) from Fundy Treasures and Gifts.
The Museum Shop offers a wide variety of local and unique items that reflect the industrial nature of the Museum of Industry. Browse our selection of books with a strong local flavor. Find that one of a kind piece of jewelry or giftware to treasure and make your very own. Whether you are purchasing a souvenir of your visit, or looking for the perfect “Made in Nova Scotia” gift for someone special, the Museum Shop has something for everyone.
The Museum Shop is pleased to offer an array of ever-popular local and Nova Scotia-crafted products. These include:
- Locally-made shortbread, caramels, and chocolates
- Historic and scenic photographs of Pictou County
- Hand-made quilts crafted by local artisans and Museum volunteers
- Pictou County and Nova Scotia Tartan clothing and giftware
- Local stories and histories penned by area authors
- New Scotland t-shirts from Wearwell Garments in Stellarton
- Candles, beach glass jewelry and pewter ornaments from Nova Scotia vendors
The Museum Shop is always well-stocked with an assortment of souvenirs, perfect for the visitor who wishes to take a piece of Nova Scotia home with them. These include:
- Souvenir napkins, playing cards and tea towels
- Magnets, key chains, lapel pins
- Nova Scotia themed t-shirts for children and adults
- A selection of provincial and Canadian flags and license plates
- Postcards featuring images from across the county and province
The industrial heritage of Pictou County and Nova Scotia is always on display in the Museum Shop. Examples of these items include:
- “Train” items, including toys, clothing, books, posters and prints
- Lost Cod Clothing Co. industrial-themed t-shirts, caps and stickers (including Clairtone, Ferguson Industries, and Sydney Steel)
- Books and vintage photographs that detail our region’s industrial past
The Museum Shop is open during regular summer hours from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Saturday. The Shop is also open Sundays: in May and June, from 1 pm to 5 pm; and from July to October, from 10 am to 5 pm.
There is no admission charged to visit the Museum Shop.
We accept debit cards, VISA, MC, AMEX, and U.S. Currency.
CAA/AAA card holders receive a 10% discount off all store merchandise.