The Museum Shop
Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Drop by The Museum Shop and browse our latest books, toys, treats and local surprises. New merchandise, including products from throughout Nova Scotia, are arriving all the time!
It’s the End of an Era!
Our store will never be the same: the supplier of our beloved and ever-popular Tired Horse Swings has gone out of business!!! For over 20 years these Nova Scotia-made backyard wonders have brought smiles and wonder to customer and staff alike. Thankfully we still have a few swings left in stock. Stop by the Museum Shop today and pick up your family’s new Summertime best friend before they’re gone…forever!
What’s New at the Museum of Industry?
Our ever-growing assortment of Nova Scotia Tartan toys, clothing and giftware:
Our selection of earrings and pendants from many Nova Scotia artisan jewelers:
Posters, prints and photos for the art lover in your house:
Construction, embroidery, and excavation projects to keep the hands busy of young and old alike:
Unique, quirky and fun, the Museum Shop has something for every taste:
The Museum Shop offers a wide variety of local and unique items that reflect the industrial nature of the Museum of Industry. Browse our selection of books with a strong local flavor. Find that one of a kind piece of jewelry or giftware to treasure and make your very own. Whether you are purchasing a souvenir of your visit or looking for the perfect “Made in Nova Scotia” gift for someone special, the Museum Shop has something for everyone.
The Museum Shop is pleased to offer an array of ever-popular local and Nova Scotia-crafted products. These include:
- Locally-made shortbread, chocolates and maple syrup
- Historic and scenic photographs of Pictou County
- Hand-made quilts crafted by local artisans and Museum volunteers
- Pictou County and Nova Scotia Tartan clothing and giftware
- Local stories and histories penned by area authors
- New Scotland t-shirts from Wearwell Garments in Stellarton
- Candles, beach glass jewelry and pewter ornaments from Nova Scotia vendors
The Museum Shop is always well-stocked with an assortment of souvenirs, perfect for the visitor who wishes to take a piece of Nova Scotia home with them. These include:
- Souvenir napkins, playing cards and tea towels
- Magnets, key chains, lapel pins
- Nova Scotia themed t-shirts for children and adults
- A selection of provincial and Canadian flags and license plates
- Postcards and notecards featuring images from across the county and province
The industrial heritage of Pictou County and Nova Scotia is always on display in the Museum Shop. Examples of these items include:
- “Train” items, including toys, clothing, books, and wall plaques
- Lost Cod Clothing Co. industrial-themed t-shirts, caps and stickers (including Clairtone, Ferguson Industries, and Sydney Steel)
- Books and vintage photographs that detail our region’s industrial past
The Museum Shop is open during regular summer hours from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Saturday. The Shop is also open Sundays: in May and June, from 1 pm to 5 pm; and from July to October, from 10 am to 5 pm.
There is no admission charged to visit the Museum Shop.
We accept debit cards, VISA, MC, AMEX, and U.S. Currency.
CAA/AAA card holders receive a 10% discount off all store merchandise.